Lawyers & Accountants for Filing Your Tax Returns in Baton Rouge
Do You Need Help with a Tax Return?
Even if you’ve been filing tax returns with the IRS for years or
even decades, it’s not always going to be a straightforward process.
Changes in the law and within your own life can have significant consequences
on how you report your income and which deductions and credits for which
you qualify. If you need assistance for anything when it comes to filing
your taxes, Alpha Tax Relief Specialists L.L.C. can help.
Our attorneys and accountants have more than 80 years of combined experience
in assisting clients with
matters related to filing their taxes. Whether it involves helping you prepare your return, apply for an extension
to file, or abate penalties associated with missing the deadline to file,
our lawyers for filing tax returns in Baton Rouge have what it takes to
address your concerns and offer solutions.
Take advantage of a free initial consultation with one of our tax specialists
to learn more about our services at Alpha Tax Relief Specialists L.L.C.
Get in touch with us by calling
(225) 434-5533 or
contacting us online.
Common Tax Return Mistakes
Even simple tax returns can be subject to a number of errors. These simple
mistakes that can lead to significant tax penalties and interest. In most
cases, the errors that appear on tax returns are the result of neglecting
to include important information.
The most common mistakes seen on tax returns include:
- Using the wrong names or social security numbers
- Choosing the wrong filing status
- Rounding and other math errors
- Using the wrong bank account numbers
- Not signing all forms
- Failing to claim health care coverage exemptions
- Choosing the wrong tax deductions or credits
Sometimes, your situation can change drastically between filing returns,
potentially leading to more errors.
There are many reasons why you may find filling out your tax return this
year to be more complicated or susceptible errors, such as the following:
- You were married and have never filed jointly before
- You purchased a home and aren’t sure how homeowner tax credits work
- A child was born or adopted, and you don’t know how to claim a child
- You started or closed a business last year
- You received an inheritance
- You began your retirement
- There was a death in your immediate household
Any of these factors and more can make filing your taxes more complicated
than you’ve ever had to deal with before. For guidance on how to
minimize your risk of an audit or penalties, turn to Alpha Tax Relief
Specialists L.L.C. for help.